What is SEO Copywriting?
SEO copywriting that is easy to scan and readable helps your visitors get the information they need, resulting in potential customers for your products or services. Web content includes the text on a webpage, white papers, user reviews, case studies, press releases, videos and other communications.
There are four key factors for successful SEO copywriting:
1. Effective web content is engaging, relevant, and appropriate to your intended audience.
2. It also utilizes headings and subheads that are unique from one another and conceptually related to the content to help users scan web content quickly and easily down a page. Readers usually scan first to determine if the page is relevant for their information needs before reading the entire text.
3. To optimize reading comprehension, web content also needs fewer words in sentences and fewer sentences in paragraphs. That’s because it takes longer to read text online than in print. The length of copy should be around 300 words per page.
4. Finally as part of web content best practices, call-to-actions at the bottom of each page are necessary to drive your visitors to another page within the site that logically flows to where they would want to go next.
Top Five SEO copywriting Tips
Effective web content also includes inserting SEO keywords into copywriting to attract targeted and relevant traffic to your site. The following are the top five SEO copywriting tips to consider for web content best practices:
1. Use only one to two keyword search terms per page. Each page must contain a unique set of keywords. That means you cannot mix up the keywords across different pages.
2. Utilize keywords into paragraph headers or subheads where possible.
3. Select the actual keywords that visitors actually search looking for products or services.
4. Incorporate targeted keywords into your web content to achieve between 3 to 5 percent keyword density. This is the total saturation of keywords on a page. To calculate, count the number of keyword usages on the webpage. Then divide that number by the total words on the page to get the keyword density percentage.
5. Although keywords are important for search engines and your overall web content best practices, write for a human reader. Web content should include the usual benefits-filled statements and other elements of effective copywriting. Your web content should help you sell your products or services to people and not to bots!
Get My Kindle Ebook to Learn More!