What is a Customer Avatar?
A customer avatar allows you to learn as much as possible about your potential customers. The more you know about them, the easier it will be to engage them with your message. We want to find out everything possible about the folks in our target demographic. The more precise we can get on our laser targeting, the better our marketing will perform. Customer avatars are only one important part of the puzzle.
Another piece is to make sure you reach your customer exactly where they are. You should understand their pain points. People are either moved from pleasure or pain. They want to be moved away from their current pain and suffering. They’ll take any action that will remove them from that pain. If they are moved by pleasure, then you will need to provide incentives.
How to Discover Your Customer Avatar Questionnaire
* A customer avatar is a detailed profile of your target customer. This will help you write your marketing message and use the mobile tool to reach that specific person.
1) Who is your ideal customer?
• Name? Age? Married? Children?
• Lives where? School Attended?
• Job Title? Profession? Household Income?
• Hair color? Eyes? Weight?
• How many years in current position? Current salary?
• How many jobs held during course of career?
• Industry? Sells to? Annual Revenue?
• Number of Employees? Located at? Years in Business?
• Political views? Religious views?
• Personal interests? Hobbies?
2. What is a typical day in the life of your ideal customer prospect?
• Favorite brands?
• Favorite Web sites? Which social media? Which mobile tool?
• Source for breaking news?
• Source for industry or business news?
3. List at least 3 problems your ideal customer is having that makes them an ideal customer for your business.
4. What is the worst thing that could possibly happen to your ideal customer if their problem isn’t eventually solved?
5. What is the best thing to happen to your ideal customer if their problem is solved?
6. What is it that you are trying to provide your customers?
7. Now, create a short story about your customer avatar.
• What are the details about their life and professional background?
• How is this problem making your customer feel?
• What types of frustrations does your customer keep having?
• What does your customer need more than anything?
• How can your business best provide the product or service that’s needed most?